The Zahoor-ul-Akhlaq gallery at National College of Arts, Lahore offers a unique Gallery Internship Programme all year round, for students who may be interested in acquiring an in-depth knowledge as well as first-hand work experience, related to the creative fields and industries, particularly those of Museum, Gallery and Curatorial nature.
The objectives of the internship include practical gallery training and an intimate understanding on how a small scale gallery operates on a day-by-day basis. Interns will gain an understanding of an array of skills including business management, marketing, curation, client relations and event planning.
The Internship Programme is available on a part time basis throughout the year and is intended for our 2nd and 3rd year college students, from any field of majors. All interns shall be directly supervised and mentored by the Zahoor-ul-Akhlaq Gallery Team and its members. Interns should expect to be exposed to multiple tasks in all aspects of work that is required of a functioning, contemporary art gallery. Each intern shall be expected to assist the gallery team in all daily operations, reception openings and/or any project work that may be assigned to them.
Task shall include the following:
- Meeting, greeting and assisting of all artists/ clients/ visitors that may approach the gallery.
- Designing catalogues, writing magazine/newspaper articles or reviews.
- Answering and directing phone calls.
- Digital marketing and management of the official social media account of the gallery.
- Managing all incoming and outgoing mailings to the artists and clients.
- Assisting with curation and all preparation necessary for any upcoming exhibition/show.
- Archival documentation of all events (photography/management of files and records).
The following skills are expected of each applicant:
- Interactive and social skills
- Positive attitude
- Ability to accept direction and management from the Gallery Team
- A hands-on approach towards all work assigned
- IT literate
All applications should be submitted directly to the internship coordinator at the Gallery Office Or may be emailed directly to the gallery at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is only for NCA Students.